It is a wonder how little people know about one of the most beautiful African countries and how many wonder what to visit in Namibia. There is so much to see and even more to do on an adventurous Namibian trip. Let’s look at strong reasons why you should travel to Namibia and some fascinating places you ought to visit while in the country.
Top 10 Fascinating Places You Shouldn’t Miss in Namibia
Buckle up and prepare to have the time of your life with these fascinating Namibian spots. If you ever had the question of What to visit in Namibila, then our list is a mash-up of tourist attractions, less known but exciting stops and gorgeous locations.
- Sossusvlei: home to the most towering dunes in the world, Sossusvlei is an iconic Namibian location you should not miss. The eerie yet beautiful look of the landscape will look great in your Instagram shots, and you get to gasp at a breathtaking view atop Dune45, Big Daddy or Big Mamam, the highest dunes in the location.
- Ethosa National Park: more than 12 million years in the making, the vast salt pan is now a sanctuary to various wildlife including giraffes, rhinos and even lions. Apart from the wildlife, you can watch shimmering mirages as the African sun shines over this beautiful silver plain.
- Tropic of Capricorn: you don’t encounter the southernmost latitude unless you visit the Tropic of Capricorn in Namibia where the sun shines directly overhead the sign.
- Fish River Canyon: it’s a long drive to Fish River Canyon, but it is worth it to visit the world’s second-largest canyon. You will enjoy the best views when you get there by sunrise.
- Quiver Tree Forest: this historic site is named so in memory of ancient bushmen that allegedly made quivers out of branches of the aloe trees.
- Walvis Bay Waterfront: prepare to meet with thousands of pretty pink flamingos, pelicans, and other feathered friends at Namibia’s wild flamingo residence. If you opt for a boat ride, you can meet with dolphins and other sea creatures.
- Swakopmund: whether you fancy a relaxed seaside evening watching the sunset or an adventurous historical journey through German/African heritage, Swakopmund is a town you shouldn’t miss on your Namibian trip. The delightful colonial architecture at a beautiful coastal location is too good to miss.
- Namib desert: cold ocean air meets hot desert atmosphere on the Skeleton Coast from where the Namib desert can be seen. The clash in different temperatures causes a fog that wrecked many ships while the east side is lush and beautiful with wildlife running loose.
- Twyfelfontein: hunter-gatherers from the stone age left their cool graffiti on the rocky walls of Twyfelfontein where tourists can still make out recognizable animals till date. Now, why will you want to miss that?
- Spitzkoppe: for a quiet and authentic Namibian experience, don’t miss Spitzkoppe. There is a campground where you can stay for the most breathtaking sunset you ever saw bordered by spectacular landscapes
4 Reasons You Should Travel to Namibia
Still having doubts about whether to go or not? Here are some strong reasons you should start planning your Namibian getaway right now.
For the nature: home to substantial wildlife reserves and stunning natural sights, Namibia is where you want to go if you want a real-life experience like what you imagined after watching the Lion King. You can get up close and personal with nature and wildlife on guided safari tours in Namibia.
For the culture: local life and culture is particularly interesting in Namibia. If you’re one that enjoys experiencing different world cultures, you should check out this African country with German roots. From the food to the locals, everything in Namibia will improve the experience.
Low-key luxury accommodation: have you ever imagined what luxury accommodation with a wildlife theme will look like? You can experience this when you lodge at luxury camping resorts in Namibia where wildlife is allowed to roam free. Prefer an oceanic view? You can enjoy breathtaking views by the coast at a pocket-friendly budget too.
Check off your bucket list: want to visit the Namibian desert? Check out 900-year-old dead trees? Take selfies with massive dunes? Watch the desert and Atlantic Ocean collide? In Namibia, there are numerous once in a lifetime activity you would want to check off your bucket list.
Situated a simple plains ride from South Africa, Namibia is a dreamy travel destination for every travel style and budget size. If, until now, you were wondering what to visit in Namibia, through this article you got a quick glimpse on the beauty of this place! From the magnificent wildlife viewing of Ethosa to the mountainous orange dunes of Soussusvlei, this is the next African adventure you have been looking for, complete with blazing sunsets and endless starry skies.
Experiencing the beauties of Namibia should be on the to-do list of every adventurer, including you! I’m sure you don’t want to miss any part of such a thrilling experience, so don’t pass up on a chance to travel through beautiful Namibia.
One thought on “What to Visit in Namibia – Stunning Places to See”
Pingback: Best 2020 Non-Beach Vacations | Summer Destinations - 7 Days Abroad
Comments are closed.